This practical and compassionate book provides step-by-step recommendations for parents on how to effectively communicate with your child. The author provides case studies that speak directly to Hispanic families dealing with parent-child issues. Parents are provided with suggestions and fresh insights using applicable methods to solve common problems taking place within the family. Areas of focus include:
• Identify and resolve family conflicts.
• Understand the importance of modeling desired behaviors.
• Express your concerns without negatively impacting your child.
• Create an emotional connection with your child.
• Find the “ideal” balance in your family.
• Become aware of how cultural factors impact the parent-child relationship.
You will walk away a stronger and more effective parent.