Save Your Relationship with Marriage Preparation
My wife and I enjoy spending time hiking and being outdoors.
Our dates take place at parks or walking through trails. We spend time talking to each other about yesterday’s news, today’s events, or future goals and plans.
Communicating about what we see or how we feel. The marriage Preparation course helps couples learn how to communicate intimately or more on a personal level. The marriage course helps couples understand the skills of empathy and self-awareness which are needed to establish healthy conversations.
The marriage preparation course supports partners in guiding them to focus on each other and what’s in front of them, in a genuine close together and more connected manner.
How does marriage preparation course work:
In all honesty, my relationship wasn’t always like this. Just like your relationship, my relationship has and will continue to require work.
I cannot begin to tell you how many times in the past, I picked up my phone on dates or found myself daydreaming about what I forgot to do at work.
The important factor to remember is that relationships require work. Get your hands dirty and focus on the person you love.
The marriage preparation course is focused on providing partners with tools to improve the relationship, reduce conflict, and increase positive moments.
A little bit about the marriage preparation course:
The marriage preparation course has fun interactive activities. One in particular includes an activity similar to that noted below:
This activity is for couples struggling to spend time together:
- Create a rule that phones must not be present during dates. Unless it’s an emergency related matter.
- Play games on dates that focus on learning more about each other. For instance, 21 questions or the card game bullshit.
- Have dates at different settings.
- Switch off ,on who picks the date.
- Spend time post the date reflecting on your experience with your partner.
- Express gratitude.
- Express approbation.
As you take time to grow together and learn more about each other, agree to focus on sharing, inclusion, listening and opportunities.
Each are discussed below is just a small touch of what is included in the marriage preparation course.
Sharing is caring. Sharing allows partners to come closer to together in their relationship. The act of sharing allows partners to let go of selfish tendencies and build partnership.
Fun experiences that allow couples to push their relationship to a healthier level:
- Share your food.
- Let your partner shower first.
- Put the baby to bed.
- Wake up first and make breakfast.
- Clean your partners car.
- Let your partner sit next to you or on your lap.
- Share how you feel more often.
- Share your last beer.
- Listen closely and intimately to your partner.
- Read your child a bed time story together.
- Share the book you just read.
- Share a lottery ticket or price you just won.
- Share the last delicious sips of your Starbucks coffee.
We statement. Using “we” more often in your relationship allows partners to feel included “together”. As a couple’s therapist, that provides relationship counseling I encourage couples to increase the practice of “we” statements.
Ways to improve your relationship:
- We are a match made in heaven.
- We are awesome together.
- We certainly know how to make love.
- We are successful.
- We have a beautiful home.
- We make money to pay bills, vacations or our child(s) tuition.
- We are having problems with family.
- We are experiencing a difficult time raising our child.
- We have a strong relationship.
I believe that the marriage preparation courses help partners have a successful foundation. A lasting connecting complete with love and tools to overcome challenges. The very challenges that often break relationships.